Do you have to pay VAT?


My apologies for the official sounding language but there are government rules and regulations about whether you have to pay VAT or not.

To be eligible for VAT relief government legislation says you have to fit the following criteria:

The person whom the good and/or services are for are 'chronically sick or disabled' and the goods and/or services purchased are for their personal or domestic use.

A person is 'chronically sick or disabled' if he/she is a person:

What proof is needed?

In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time. All we need to know is the name, address of the person the item is for and what their chronic sickness or disability is. We don't need a doctor's letter or any reference numbers. Please click here for an example of the wording needed for your declaration or just 'order now without VAT' and we will send your a form to sign. If you have any questions please contact our UK customer service team on 01926 298221 (Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm).

If you are unsure whether you are eligible to claim vat exemption please call the HMRC National Advice Service on 0845 302 0203

Order without VAT Order with VAT